Sunday, October 28, 2007

Serratous Anterior

Title Explainage: now I have no excuse whatsoever to forget that muscle...

It's time to crack out the procrastinational pride again; this hemi-year's theme song is "Love Is Blue" by Paul Mariat, and much appreciation goes to the person who tells me what television ad it was on (extra points if you can sing it...), as the niggling lack of knowledge is slowly eroding and chipping away at my sanity.

...the sanity that, this weekend, is characterized by triumphant exclamations of "EXTENSOR POLLICIS LONGUS!!! Yes!!!" and the such that have been wafting from my room, alongside creating the soon-to-be-hit comic strip: Action Potential: adventures with the Cardiac Cycle!

However, exciting revelations not aside, I have realised that there are varying degrees and intensities of procrastination. Mathematically put:

Exam Procrastination > Household Chores Procrastination > Putting off Socially Awkward Situations

I even managed to prove it through experimentation (albeit, I didn't realise that I was actually testing anything until I thought back over the way my day unfolded) ((I enjoyed the rhymedness of "way my day" faaaaar too much...nerd alert.)) (((ditto assonance in "nerd alert" :S))).

To begin with, we had flash cards (I'm not going to mention that I somehow managed to watch the entire "Pride and Prejudice" over breakfast...) ((<- DAMN! Whoops)), then subsequent to completion, we had pen buying and job hunting (SOCIALLY AWKWARD!!! I don't want to peruse stores in the future that will potentially reject me...) Home -> tea -> upstairs for study, where I suddenly found myself doing the hand washing of new clothes. We wouldn't want the colours to run into the rest of the laundry now would we? Good thing I did, as once I finished, I found that the soaking water had turned red...

...a profusely baffling fact, as the shirt I was washing, was infact grey and gold. Nice to know that my new clothes have likely been used in a drive-by shooting or some other mafia-related activity.

Nonetheless, I have done my bit for procrastination and will now sign off, with the final exciting fact...this is my 100th post ever :o

6 comments:

sez said...

WOOO, WHAT A LANDMARK!! :D

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing that whole 'only one comment!' business was a hint, right? hint hint?!? well i'm not going to be manipulated! i will leave this comment of my own free will. in fact, i'm not going to delete this now! the only reason i leave it intact is so that you know i got the hint, but you also know that i'm not buying into it! ha ha! michael wins.

also, procrastination and maths!? things must be bad when you're trying to avoid one kind of work by doing another.

LATER: wow, i just realised i never posted this. thought i did that like an hour ago. interesting

Anonymous said...

youve become a centurion!
standing ovation!

i actually stood (good exercise for my gluteus maximi, psoas major and iliacus)

Anonymous said...

fyi.. neither serratous anterior nor extensor pollicis longus are in the list of muscles we need to know for first year.

Anonymous said...

wtf since wen are they not on the list!!!! they were in resource!!! btw paul mauriat is so damn hard to find!!! muses and sanity in rundle didnt have any!!! ffs!

Anonymous said...

lynx dry ad. that is all.
p.s. update blog! now that is all.