Monday, November 06, 2006

Red Green Blue Violet

Today many Year 12s took the metaphorical plunge into Exam Week. Not me though. I had to be literal.

With phone in hand, messagerial intentions at heart, and eyes apparently left somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere, the last two stairs were wrongly written off as negligible and I found myself, somewhat over-exuberantly saying good morning to the carpet.

Now armed with two grazed knees (one carpet-burned and the other brick-burned), a fruit smoothie, a bottle of water, a mug of tea, and 2.5 cm (or 0.025 in correct units) worth of Physics textbook, the day was supposedly getting back on track, and steering away from loopiness like a electron away from the positive plate (hey, I said nothing about staying away from minor nerdiness).

After a swiss cheese hour, the holes being calls from Myer, the arrival of registered mail, and more tea gettage, my mind was happily losing its grasp on normality, so that when I put my hands behind my head and felt two random bumps at the base of my skull that hurt when pressed, the logical conclusion was a valiant escape attempt by my brain.

…anyways, I’m losing focus because the BEST scene in Beauty and the Beast’s coming up (No one fights like Gaston – have always been fascinated by him eating 3 dozen eggles complete with shells! ) so I’ll conclude, in a coherent, and very predictable way:

Gaston looks like the Scorpion King.

10 comments:

sez said...

HOW exciting for you!
good luck for tomorrow!! you'll do GREAT!

Anonymous said...

"a electron away from the positive plate"

+ve attracts -ve. im sure you'll do GREAT in physics! lol

Elizabeth said...

Lol whoops...when in doubt make up your own Physics :p

CJ said...

yep when in doubt yell out "no i will NOT make out with you in class!"
hahah and yes gaston looks like the scorpian king.. and that fall and the lumps on your head sound ouchie... try to still be in 1 piece when i arrive on friday!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exams.

Elizabeth said...

Physics is over! Yay! I'm pretty sure I remembered that electrons are attracted to the positive plate when it mattered...I hope.

I'll try to be in one piece when you arrive CJ, but I don't know whether my feet or sense of balance have other ideas...fingers crossed :p

Btw, who is/are Annonymi? Thanks nonetheless!

sez said...

hehe. anonymi. that word must have been thought up by someone heaps smart...
:P

Anonymous said...

There seems to be two Annonymis - I was the one that made the latter comment on 8/11/06 @ 8:05pm

Elizabeth said...

Ah ok then. The Annonymi puzzlement heightens (or deepens...which is weird because in this context they mean the same thing, but in any other context they are polar opposites...fascinating stuff)

sez said...

that IS fascinating. i suggest that we play a fun game i like to call;
anonymi: REVEALED! *gasp*
yes the gasp is in the title of the game.
what happens is htat the anonymous people tell us who they are!! :D